Friday, November 7, 2008

My boys


Today Dane and I went to Gage's classroom to listen to some writings they had been working on. Gage wrote about his little brother Dane. It was so sweet to hear him read aloud to everyone about the day Dane was born. The phone call he received, going to the hospital and looking at him for the first time. Thinking he was so wonderful. The name we chose and just how special Dane is too him. I was tearing up over such beautiful things my big boy had written about his baby brother. Those two truly have a special bond. Gage has always been such a wonderful helper and is always, always there to cheer Dane up and play with him. It will be such a joy watching those two grow up together. Even though there are times when the kids overwhelm me, I can't imagine not having them. Yes a vacation from them is in order at times, but the world would be a dull place without the love and joy they bring me!

2 comments:

Kate said...

That's so sweet. :) That's all we can ever hope for as parents; that our children love each other and have wonderful memories.

Mama Smurf said...

OMGoodness! That's just incredible.