Friday, November 28, 2008

More thanksgiving and the day after


We made it through dinner last night and it was fabulous. My aunt Joanie and Uncle Mike showed up as well, so there were lots of people!

This morning, my brother Matt had some crafty things he brought for the kids to do. He works at a museum in Chicago and creates programs for the kids, so he brought some of those ideas here. I think he has a few more up his sleeve too. The kids love it!

Everyone is out taking a little hike on some suspension bridge. I opted not to go since it is COLD and snowing lightly. We will be headed into Winthrop later for a lighted hot air balloon display. Should be cool, the kids will certainly dig it. I wish I could stop thinking about how cold it will be. Tomorrow we will head back into Winthrop again to see them light up the town. Should be beautiful, even in the snow.

4 comments:

Kate said...

Sounds like you're having a good time. But don't you dare bring that snow home with you!

Nema® said...

it's me again :)in poland there is no thanksgiving day...I can see that is nice tradition.

Nema® said...

oh I think that I would like that tradition ;)it's about the idea, the most.
do you really think so? thanks so much- I ove taking photos on concerts.

Brooke said...

I will not bring the snow!! If I do, I have 2 plane tickets to anywhere and we can get out of here! We are having a super time! Nice to be all together for more than 2 days. Kids are loving it here!