Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Update on Miss Maia

I have gotten quite a few emails and phone calls about Maia, so I figured I better give everyone an update. Unfortunately I feel like I am still in the dark. I just went to pick her up from school again because she was sick. Maybe I should start thinking about home school. No laughing, I could do it...maybe. Anyway, yesterday I got her in and we just happened to be lucky enough to get hooked up with a pediatric neurologist from children's hospital who was there working. So she had a different opinion of what was going on. She thinks her headaches have nothing to do with the sinus infection she had. That one of the meds they had her on was making things worse and not sure why they had put her on it. The plus side was her brain is healthy and great, and neurologically she is just fine. The bad thing is now I still don't know what is causing this and there is nothing I can do beside continue to give her Motrin and Tylenol to take the edge off for her. She sent a referral in to a local ped neurologist so I just have to wait to get in and see what he thinks. In the meantime though, when I got home and checked my email, a friend from high school and her husband (who I also went to high school with) just opened their own chiropractic business and thought it might be worth a try to come in and take a look at her. So they had me come in that day and Dr Dan took a look at her. Tomorrow we will go back and see what he comes up with. I really hope he can help her with some pain management because I really hate giving her so much medicine. If you are looking for a Chiropractor go see them! Bakerview Family Chiropractor in Bakerview Square. Dr Dan was great with Maia, very gentle and kind. So that is the update for now. I will let you all know how things are later on.

4 comments:

The Erdmann Family said...

chiropractic can do wonders for headaches. I hope it helps her. I am actually taking Natalya in on friday for headaches, she has had one now for a week. Won't eat or anything just says she hurts.

so glad to hear something may come of this. I am thinking of Miss Maia.

Kate said...

I actually was going to suggest trying chiro so I'm glad you're giving it a shot. Hope it helps! We're keeping her in our prayers.

Cherie said...

We are so glad that you have some things to try. I hope the chiro and/or Doctor can help. Madison was just asking about Maia today. We will keep her in our prayers.

Suzie said...

I think a chiro is a great idea. Those guy can work miracales