Wednesday, October 29, 2008

What an Awesome Place!!


I have posted a couple times about helping out at a ranch around here where I live. Well, I headed out there last night and I just wanted to say just how AWESOME this ranch is! If you get a chance, check out their website www.rollingayouthranch.org . Last night we had a bunch of kids there to ride horses even though it was dark, they walked around by flashlight! Very cool! Then the volunteers had pumpkins set up for the kids to paint, a roaring campfire to roast marshmallows, and a GIANT leaf pile for the kids to jump into! If I had to guess, I think the leaf pile was a favorite! I would love to post so many pictures, but not allowed to for kids safety reasons. So the pictures posted are of people who work there. These kids come here for some fun and a break from "life". You can tell they are thrilled and look forward to it every month! I am always moved, sometimes to tears, when I leave because I think of how lucky and fortunate these kids are that the awesome ranch workers put this all together for them! I usually keep religion and politics out of my posts so as not to offend readers in anyway, but I have to say, I always leave there feeling God was working with us, to help create this wonderful, caring environment for the kids.

3 comments:

Kate said...

Man, that leaf pile is AWESOME! And I so hear ya about sometimes just feeling that the things are truly blessed. :)

Mama Smurf said...

That's an awesome post!

Anonymous said...

Who would a thunk it Sunshine!