Sunday, September 14, 2008

Family Day with the Horses

Today was family day at the ranch I have been volunteering at. So what family day really meant to me was that my dear husband watched after the kids while I spent the evening riding horses with my riding friend T. This young gal was the one who had me trotting through the woods last time. This time she was determined to get me to canter (run wildly, for all you non -horse people :)) Oh and let me tell you, I got that horse to run. I was trotting along trying to get this horse to run, half thinking it already was, but T was yelling at me to "kick him! kick him!" So I did, and off I went! I was pretty sure I was going to fly off that saddle, so I was screaming and trying to get him to slow down but Mr. Horse didn't stop until we were directly in front of the cabin where everyone was eating. But, it was fun, so I did it some more. I also managed to get the kids on the horse and let them do some riding. Unfortunately I don't have pictures of all the kids, or maybe I should say I hate pictures of me, so you only get to see a couple that I have deemed not to horrid. Good times had by all. My husband gave up a Seahawks game to come out to family (me) day! What a guy!







Now, don't think I go dressing my boys in purple. Dane went "swimming" in the little creek and they were nice enough to loan us some extra clothes. Here are some pictures of Donkey...



3 comments:

Suzie said...

Looks like a great time. Hey whats wrong with purple?

Kate said...

Looks like you had a great time. But it makes my butt and knees just looking at the pictures. I love riding horses but my body doesn't!

Jen said...

Purple is one of Aiden's favorite colors as well as my husband's (not that he will admit to anyone but me) and then there's my brother in law that painted their entire dining room purple without consulting his wife! It's some weird male genetic link in their family. Aiden wore a pair of navy blue shorts into a hot tub and now they've faded to purple and he loves them. I think that's all I have to say about purple!